UK Organisation of Complementary and Alternative Practitioners (UKoCAMP) is an umbrella organisation that provides platform for discussion, CPD and progression to all practitioners who provide care through complementary and alternative medicine. It might be good to clarify the groups as the “complementary and alternative” is providing alternaive to the allopathic or chemical type of medical treatment.
- The term “complementary medicine” is used when a non-mainstream practice is used together with conventional medicine.
- The term “alternative medicine” is used when a non-mainstream practice is used instead of conventional medicine.
There is overlap between these two categories as these both are considered non-conventional and there is increasing beilief and use of the complementary and alternative medicine in UK. A number of complementary and alternative treatments are typically used with the intention of treating or curing a health condition. Examples include:
UKoCAMP holds an international register of qualified and comprehensively insured therapists. All are members of UKoCAMP adhere to the the Code of Ethics and Disciplinary Procedure UKoCAMP Philosophy – Why we are different :-
- We champion the preservation of all holistic values not to be compromised by bureaucratic regulation.
- We support meaningful voluntary self regulation where the VSR Council created by the therapy peers maintains control. This protects the therapy associations and practitioners as well as the public.
- We embrace and support complementary schools and clinics that meet our criteria.
- The UKoCAMP is a membership organisation and helps its members to get the CPD, connect to other members of similar or different branch of practice and also get clients for skype consultation across the globe.